NATA is located half a block from the White House in downtown Washington, DC. Founded in 1940, the Association represents the interests of the general aviation business community before Congress and federal, state and local government agencies, and also provides safety and business benefits through its Safety 1st training program and annual conferences. NATA’s member companies provide a broad range of aeronautical services to the aviation community, including: aircraft sales and acquisitions, fuel, aircraft ground support, passenger and crew services, aircraft parking and storage, on-demand air charter, aircraft rental, flight training, aircraft maintenance and overhaul facilities, parts sales, and business aircraft and fractional ownership fleet management.
Part-Time Operations Coordinator
The National Air Transportation Association (NATA) is seeking a Part-Time Operations Coordinator to assist with day-to-day office management and membership support. This person would ideally work around 20 hrs/wk during regular business hours, though we will work with the individual to accommodate for college class schedules if need be.
Candidates must have excellent verbal and written communication skills and the ability to maintain organization and effectiveness while working on multiple projects. This is a great position for a college student or recent college graduate looking to enter the workforce.
- Report to the Manager of Finance & Membership
- Provide customer support to NATA’s members via phone, email and in-person communications
- Assist with daily accounting tasks, including invoicing and check processing
- Manage the member support database
- Provide scheduling and travel arrangements for the Executive Team
- Provide general office management (organization, supplies, scheduling, vacation tracking, etc.)
- Contribute to membership and marketing campaigns
- Opportunities to assist with other Association projects and events as assigned
- Highly organized
- Excellent customer service and proper phone etiquette
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to work independently and as a member of a team
- Willingness to take on new tasks
- Professional demeanor and a positive attitude
- Experience in customer support and database management is a plus
- College Student or Recent Graduate
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite
- Knowledge of standard office administrative practices and procedures
Interested candidates should submit a cover letter AND resume to Ellen Miller at email@example.com
with “Operations Coordinator” in the subject line.
Membership and Marketing Intern
The National Air Transportation Association (NATA) seeks a Membership and Marketing Intern. The primary role of the intern is to provide general support for the Association.
Ideal candidates must have strong written and verbal communication skills, proofreading abilities and be comfortable working in a deadline-driven atmosphere.
Interns will be compensated at an hourly rate and required to work at least 15 hours a week during normal business hours.
Key Responsibilities Include:
- Membership and marketing support
- Website and database maintenance
- Assisting with membership outreach
- Proofreading and editing
- Other administrative and miscellaneous tasks as assigned
Interested candidates should send cover letter and resume to Shannon Chambers at firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line, "Membership and Marketing Intern."
NATA is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, present or future membership in a U.S. Uniformed Service, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law.