What’s New – October 2021
- We have updated the alerting rules to help admins stay on top of open OJT & Practical exams. Now when a student completes the lesson and exams for a course that also has OJT and/or Practical Exams the students status will be set to Warning (orange) and a status message will appear in the students detail page. This change should help increase awareness of outstanding OJT and Practical Exams.
- We have fixed an issue with the reporting system that impacted companies with two students with the same name. Now the drop-down menu for selecting a student includes the students username in parentheses following their name.
- In order to comply with the newly released AC 150/5230-4c, F008 – DEF Contamination will be added to the 139.321 (e)(1) & (2) ONLY default course tracks on November 1st. On December 1st, F008 will be a requirement for the 139.321(e)(1) and (e)(2) ratings. AFTER THIS DATE, ANYONE WHO HAS NOT COMPLETED F008 WILL NO LONGER BE IN COMPLIANCE WITH 139.321 AND WILL LOSE THEIR 139 RATINGS!
- We have updated our member/user support portal and updated the links in within the Safety 1st Training Center. Check out our new site at www.natasupport.com.
- Employee hire dates will now be displayed on the 139 Compliance Report. You can always update an employee’s hire date from their profile page.
Not New but Worth Remembering!
What is Retraining?
What’s New – June 2021
- We have updated the downloadable 139 Compliance Report to include columns for the date of students last fire extinguisher hands-on-training and last local fire code briefing. We will be updating the online version of the report as well in the next few weeks. These changes will assist inspectors in locating the information necessary to complete their audits.
- We have added a “Firm Detail” page under the “Resources” tab in the admin portal. The “Firm Detail” page provides information on:
- Company info
- Primary Safety 1st Contact Info
- Slots purchased and slots used
- There is now a “Summary Report” available in the “Reports” tab in the admin portal. The “Summary Report” provides the total number of courses assigned to each student and the number of courses the student has completed within their current course track.
What’s New - March 2021
- Introducing our newest course addition, SMS001: Introduction to Safety Management Systems! Check our course catalogue to learn more.
- Admin Only Access – NATA can configure your users for Admin Only access if you need individuals to have access to the administrative tools, but not any training. There is NO charge for Admin Only access.
- We have updated the right Nav bar for administrators to help organize tools and reports.
- Course Expiration Report – This report allows administrators to see students who have courses expiring in the next 120 days.
- Downloadable OJT & Practical Exam Resources – There is now a link for admins to download the full packet of OJT & Practical Exam resources for all courses.
- We have also redesigned several admin pages to reduce the amount of scrolling necessary to get the information you need.
Not New but Worth Remembering!
What is Retraining?
What’s New - November 2020
- Effective 10/31 Human Factors courses HF001-HF004 became required for the Single-Point & Over-Wing Refueling Ratings
- If you are current with these courses, then no action is required. If not, they will need to be completed in order for your Single-Point & Over-Wing Refueling Ratings to be re-instated.
- HF001-HF004 have been added to the default PLST and LSST tracks.
- HF001-HF004 will need to be added to any custom course track(s) which resulted in the Single-Point & Over-Wing Refueling Ratings.
- You can now delete unneeded custom course tracks! See our Knowledgebase article here.
- Retraining functionality is now available. Check out the following Knowledgebase articles for more info:
- What is Retraining
- Starting Retraining
- We have released a new report called the Summary Report that can provide valuable information for admins on student progress. The Summary Report can be found in the Links section of your Admin Portal
What's New - October 2020
- Q007 – Receipt of Fuel is now available. Check out the course catalogue to learn more about this course.
- Recurrent training is now coming due! Check out our knowledge base articles to learn more about recurrent training
- IMPORTANT CHANGES TO RATINGS!
What's New - September 2020
- S001 – Role of Customer Service Representative (CSR)
- S002 – Effective Communication
- S003 – Radio Communication Procedures
- S004 – Conflict Resolution
- S-Series courses can be immediately added to any custom Course Track and will be fully incorporated into our default Course Tracks* as follows:
- September 15th, 2020 – S001-S004 will be added to the default CSR Course Track
- September 15th, 2020 – S002-S004 will be added to the default PLST and LSST Course Tracks
- Important changes to default PLST and LSST Course Tracks*
- September 15th, 2020 – Human Factors courses HF001-HF004 will be added to PLST and LSST Default Course Tracks
- October 31th, 2020 – HF001-HF004 will be a requirement for both Over-Wing and Single-Point Refueling Ratings**
*Additions to default Course Tracks are RETROACTIVE, meaning all students assigned a default Course Track must log in to complete the new courses added.
** Students who currently hold Over-Wing or Single-Point Refueling Ratings must complete the Human Factors courses by October 15th, 2020. Failure to do so will result in a loss of those Ratings.
What's New - April 2020
1. All Safety 1st Training Center users now have the ability to utilize the CrewID program at no cost! Use the link below or within the LMS to sign up to receive your initial CrewID badges for your entire team at no charge!
2. F008 – DEF Contamination has been added to the following default Course Tracks:
- PLST - After F005 in Block 4.
- LSST - After F005 in Block 4.
- CSR - After F005 in Block 3.
3. We have updated our custom Course Tracks feature:
- Custom tracks are now required to be designated a Role and are only assignable to students within that Role. For Example, a student within the CSR Role cannot be assigned a Course Track designated to the Line Service Role and vice versa. See our knowledge base to learn more.
4. We have upgraded the functionality for building custom Course Tracks allowing you to:
5. Firm Administrators can now make other users Firm Administrators without contacting NATA (NOTE: You should only make an individual a Firm Admin if you intend for them to have FULL operational access to your system). See our knowledge base to learn more.
6. The OJT/Practical Exam page and report now shows “Completed By” so you can see who signed off a particular item.
What's New - February 2020
1. F008 – DEF Contamination Prevention is now available in the Safety 1st Training Center! This new course can be immediately added to any custom Course Track and will be fully incorporated into the SFTC as follows:
- March 1st, 2020: F008 – DEF Contamination Prevention will be added to ALL default Course Tracks*:
- PLST – Block 1
- LSST – Block 1
- CSR – Block 1
- April 1st, 2020: F008 – DEF Contamination Prevention will be a requirement for both Over-Wing and Single-Point Refueling ratings**.
*Additions to default Course Tracks are RETROACTIVE, meaning all students assigned a default Course Track must log in to complete the new course(s) added.
** Students who currently hold Over-Wing or Single-Point Refueling ratings must complete F008 – DEF Contamination Prevention on or before April 1st, 2020. Failure to do so will result in a loss of those ratings.
2. We have upgraded the custom Course Track building functionality to allow you to create a custom Course Track directly from an existing default Track (PLST, LSST, CSR) saving significant time! Please review our Knowledge Base article to learn more.
3. Administrators can now choose to see inactive students in their account. Check out our Knowledge Base article to learn more.
4. We have made some changes to our Terms of Service. Be sure to review those changes.