The Navigate Your Future Scholarship is offered to a high school graduate continuing his or her education in the aviation industry. By making scholarships available, NATF's goal is to foster and promote careers in the general aviation industry.
Applicants of the Navigate Your Future Scholarship must be:
- Be a senior in high school planning a career in the general aviation field
- Be enrolled or accepted into an aviation-related program at an accredited college or university
- Submit the letter of acceptance from the college or university
- Be able to demonstrate an interest in pursuing a career in general aviation
The Navigate Your Future Scholarship, in the amount of $2,500, is to be used for one year of full-time undergraduate study. One award will be granted each year.
Interested students must complete an application and submit it along with the following required documents NO LATER than the last Friday in June.
- Upload a high school transcript showing rank in graduating class
- Letter of recommendation
- Letter of acceptance from college/university
- Personal statement discussing career goals in general aviation, education plan, flight training goals and two or more reasons why you should be chosen for this scholarship
All information received becomes the property of NATF, is considered confidential, and is reviewed only by the screening committee and NATF officials.
Recipients will be notified in writing by the end of July and all other applicants will be notified in writing by mid-August. Our scholarship recipients are announced to the public in issues of general aviation publications, such as our Aviation Business Journal and also featured on our website.
Payment of Scholarships
The Navigate Your Future Scholarship checks will be made payable jointly to the recipient and their college/university (and must be endorsed by both). The scholarship checks will be mailed to each recipient's address stipulated on the scholarship acknowledgement form.
Recipients are required to supply copies of pertinent records and to notify NATF of any changes of address, school enrollment or other relevant information. Except as described here, no obligation is assumed by NATF, members of its scholarship selection committee or the National Air Transportation Association. Tax liability, if any, will be the sole responsibility of the recipient.
NATF reserves the right to review the conditions and procedures of this scholarship and to make changes at any time, including termination, of the scholarship program. Previously approved scholarships will not be affected by subsequent changes to the program.
Questions regarding the scholarship program should be emailed to email@example.com.